Open Monday-Friday 6:00 a.m. – 5:30 p.m. until end of summer.
S: upporting atmosphere for all Children.
day, we do have a specified Preschool Program that runs from 8:45 – 11:15 a.m.
- Nebraska Registry Check
- Criminal History/Law Enforcement Check
- A current physical/health report
- Teachers must meet/exceed the state licensing requirements in education experience
- State CPR & First Aid certification
- Required In-Service each year to continue their educational training
Little LEAPS of Faith works with Educational Service Unit 6 in Milford to offer many programs, workshops and In-Service opportunities on early childhood development. Our staff as well as parents are invited to participate in these events.
It is Little LEAPS goal to guide children into becoming happy, responsible and cooperative children through positive reinforcements and techniques. We believe that by giving the child attainable expectations and providing positive examples we can help them guide their own actions. This will help them to grow in their respect for the rights and feelings of others.
Little LEAPS expectations include:
- Respect everyone
- Accept responsibility for your own behavior
- Follow directions
- Make good choices
- Resolve problems peacefully
- Have FUN!
When needed staff will assist a child by:
- Re-directing the child’s attention to other options
- Getting down on the child’s eye level and explaining to them why their actions were inappropriate.
- Giving the child a certain amount of ‘thinking time’ (based on their age) after instructing them on how they might handle the situation differently in the future
- If the problem persists we will notify parents to get suggestions on how they would like us to deal with the situation.
The following behaviors are considered more serious and may result in a parent being contacted to pick-up their child for the day: *Chronic, disruptive or out of control behavior that jeopardizes the safety of themselves, other children or staff *Any verbal, sexual, or physical behavior towards other children or staff.